Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Three Year slump...

I must be going through a three year slump. It makes me wonder if other people who are seriously ill go through a slump at this point. Three years ago this month, I began falling so much that it was becoming quickly noticeable that I would need a wheelchair in the very near future. I got my wheelchair in early October of 2010 and proudly sat in it with two sprained ankles. At least, I went down fighting.

So, now I guess it is becoming really obvious that this is how it is and that's not going to change. So, I asked my friend Susan K, the one who is a quadrapalegic after having a catastrophic stroke at 33, if she ever felt like she was frozen in time at the point where she got sick. She said, "yes. like life moved on and somehow I got left behind". I said "yep. me too". She said she loved me. You gotta love my crippled friend.

2 comments:

  1. I have no right to comment here. I can still get up out of my chair and move with ease when I wish. Thanks for reminding me just how grace-filled my life is and how at any moment all that I take for granted could come crashing down.

    There will be a "this is how it is and that's not going to change" moment in my life and in the lives of those I love. I hope there are people around to tell me and to tell them they are loved at that time.

    I love you too in my own kind of crippling way.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete