Monday, August 4, 2014

WHEELS UP…?

Yep. I have planned my first trip by airplane since 2008 when I went to China. I will be traveling to Boulder with Susan, John (who lived in Boulder for a time), Reclar (who once visited me there and had a good time), and Amy and Lewis. Amy and Lewis and I all met there while going to school in 1998. We've been close friends ever since and they are now married with children and live in Oregon. I visited them there in 2005 but haven't seen them since. It should be a blast! Travel will be a struggle but well worth it for this trip. I mentioned to Susan that it was going to be strange…like going to Amsterdam. She replied, " or like 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'...". I hoped it would NOT degenerate into that but determined it was out of my hands at this point. We're not going until July but I'm so excited already that I can barely stand it. Two handicap accessible rooms already reserved, plane tickets next. So many options for entertainment and fun there that I can't decide what I want to do first…! Nederland, delicious beers and good food in Boulder, watching prairie dogs and people flying model airplanes at the mini airport at the Boulder Reservoir, Celestial Seasons factory, quick trip up to Rocky Mountain National Park, driving up Trail Ridge Road, CU museum, Dashanbe Tea House, tubing in Boulder Creek….Which will it be??? Did I mention that weed is legal in Colorado now? Yeah. So, Lord knows what we may get involved in...

No comments:

Post a Comment